Wednesday, January 16, 2008

circus update

Here's a perspective on the current political scene, courtesy of Vox:
I don't know about you, but I'm very much enjoying the increasing insanity of this election campaign. The Republicans are imploding one after another, Hillary nearly lost to no one and her closest rival is an admitted drug user* who belongs to an African supremacist church. America, how very richly you deserve the government you are going to get! And though our reasons may differ, I find myself in agreement with everyone's favorite science educator: "I'm feeling a bit like I'm watching a whole country merrily running towards that cliff right now."
Me too. Heck, don't we all? I will probably always dread the presidential campaign season and the frenzy that comes with it, but at least this one has been more amusing than I could have hoped.

And here's a great question that I'd love to see answered (truthfully, I mean):
Mitt Romney travels to Michigan, a state where his father was the governor, promises loads of government intervention in an attempt to revive a moribund and uncompetitive industry, wins by nine points, and this is supposed to be interpreted as a victory for conservative Republicans?
Anyone?

| | << Main <<