Thursday, January 10, 2008

adventures = adventures - 1

Just got a letter from the Grand Canyon NPS office...telling me my permit request has been denied. Suck! No bleeping way! I put a wide range of dates, itineraries, and even group sizes on the permit, but to no avail. I was sure I'd get permits this year too, because my ranges of acceptable variations were so much broader than last year's. Unbelievable...maybe I just got some unspeakably rotten luck, or maybe those things really are that hard to get. Maybe I just got lucky last year with getting my first-choice request on my first-ever try. Regardless, they must have been swamped this year for all the slots to fill up that fast. Lesson learned: regardless of details and range of options, Grand Canyon backcountry camping permits are far, far from a sure thing.

Oh well, guess I'll just go find a hole to crawl into and die now. Or go find another adventure to do in its place. I like the latter...

| | << Main <<