Friday, January 04, 2008

left out of the mortgage bonanza

Take in this bit of common sense I just read on another Malkin post, from a self-proclaimed Democrat commenter at Billary's blog:
Remember that many other prospective homebuyers stayed on the sidelines, saving up for a downpayment and not shoehorning themselves into loans they couldn’t afford beyond the intro period. They’re still waiting to participate in the American dream of homeownership. So they get punished for being responsible and the high risk-takers get bailed out?

Many of these first time prospective homebuyers are hoping that the high cost of housing relative to income will decline, interest rates will stay affordable, and that the tightening of financing guidelines won’t freeze them out of borrowing. [...]

So is it fair to future homebuyers to pay more for credit because rates rise from the uncertain possibility of contracted loan terms being “frozen” - for 5 years! Is it fair that they pay for the irresponsibility of some previous homebuyers and some bad mortgage brokers?
A-$&#%IN-MEN!!! Unbelievable. Where the bleep is that kind of talk among the political elites? I thought I was all alone out here in the fiscal-restraint wilderness, left by myself to wonder why such a scam of robbing money from responsible voters to pay for the stupid mistakes of irresponsible ones is so popular in political circles. How crazy is it when one of the precious few allies I have in the frenzy over the supposed mortgage crisis is a "moderate to liberal Democrat" and a real estate broker no less? Why aren't more political types saying that, especially on the conservative side? Are responsible voters really outnumbered so overwhelmingly that we have no voice? Are so many voters so incapable of seeing this whole progression toward government-subsidized home ownership for the sham and theft it really is? Somebody punch me in the nose please to see if I'm still here...I'm afraid I may have drifted into some alternate reality.

I can say one thing: the mainstream Republicrats have lost a voter for LIFE. No way in hell I'm ever supporting one of those backstabbers again. I'll write in Ron Paul on every presidential ballot until he dies, then I'll find a new champion of small government and individual liberty and write him in -- if there are any left by then. Probably not. Perhaps Fred really does have it right -- just grab your personal effects and get the heck off the sinking ship.

Oh well...guess I'd better go to sleep, or at least do something else since I'm so pissed off now I can barely think anyway...

UPDATE: Not done yet. Comment of the night on that post:
Bush just keeps digging, doesn’t he? With Republicans like him, who needs to worry about the Dems?
I mean, seriously, why worry about the Dems? What damage can they do that the Republicrats aren't already doing? Heck, why do we even need a Democratic party? Does anyone out there think there's really a "choice" in politics nowadays? If so then crawl back in your cave and don't bother trying to adjust to the real world...it's a scary place out here...

| | << Main <<