Thursday, March 23, 2006

booyaka!

...As Daniel might say. I really should be asleep already, but Duke's early exit is worth its own post. I'll gladly trade my entire bracket going down the tubes for my favorite team to hate watching the rest of the tournament from home. That makes my weekend tourney-wise, regardless of what happens in the other games. My bracket is probably out of the running for the pool championship now--and that guy who picked Texas in the championship game doesn't look quite as stupid anymore--but as I said that's not an issue. I got the good end of that deal.

I'd love to say I saw it coming, and I guess I kinda did, but not enough to mark up my bracket accordingly. As I said in my predictions post...
I don't like the idea of taking Duke to Indianapolis--my gut tells me they're due for an upset--but I just don't see anyone in that bracket getting in the way. ...I've been hearing a lot about LSU, and maybe they're good but I just don't see it. I only have them in the Sweet 16 because 'Cuse is so overrated at the opposing five-seed.
Okay, so I vastly underestimated the Tigers. The talking heads were right for once. But in defense of what little pride I have left, note that I did half-heartedly call for an early out for the Devils and I did have Syracuse leaving in the first round. And I'm not quite ready to jump on the LSU bandwagon yet; for whatever reason I'm still not convinced they're all that. But hey, at least they're an SEC West team. Good to see somebody from that division brought their A-game to the tourney. You listening, Hogs?

| | << Main <<