Tuesday, December 27, 2005

my new worst pasttime

[Not sure that title makes sense but I not think good today so it sticks.] I finally found something I'm worse at than swing dancing. I didn't think I could sink any lower in any skill, but alas, I was wrong. We played a Bible trivia game yesterday...wow. Fun, enlightening, humbling, and humiliating all at the same time. It certainly helped me put in perspective just how much I don't know about the Bible. I figure I got maybe 20% of the questions correct, and then only because there were some super easy ones in there. Forget about the rest. But it was very interesting, though not something I'd want to play in front of anyone I was trying to impress.*

It would be a good way to learn Bible facts, but then again, so wouldn't reading the Bible. If you want to know what's there, go to the source. And hey, that even has the added perk of teaching you more than just head knowledge.


*Given my recent taking up of such activities as dancing and bowling, it should be obvious to any observer that trying to impress people is not on my list of criteria for deciding what to do with my time. Wait...would it matter if that were on the list? What would I choose to do that I'm actually really good at? This could take a while...

| | << Main <<