Friday, March 17, 2006

uhh, go hogs

Great game, Hogs. Way to lose the opener to a bunch of New England yuppie trash. Woo pig sooiee.

Other than that glaring hole, my bracket actually seems to be faring quite well. Some of the upsets caught me by surprise but I had all of those losers so far exiting in the second round anyway, so no ongoing damage has been dealt yet except for Arkansas. High seeds I have getting upset this weekend have either already bowed out (Iowa) or struggled tremendously against weak first-round opponents (Ohio State, Tennessee). I can also rest easier with UCLA, a team I have in the finals without knowing a lot about them, crushing Belmont in convincing fashion. However, as I write this UConn is only ahead by one at halftime. That won't last, but you gotta respect a no-name school like Albany hanging within a point of the top team in the nation for an entire half.

So far, not so bad...

P.S. And Albany opens the 2nd half with a 13-2 run and leads the Huskies by double digits. Who forgot to tell those guys they're a 16 seed? Holy crap...I'm going to bed before my bracket gets totally trashed.

| | << Main <<