Tuesday, May 09, 2006

philippines: day 10, monday, april 17

Drove to Puerto Galera in the morning and spent the day there. Snorkeling, then lunch, a much-needed afternoon nap, some Bible reading (Jonah), dinner, and a concert of prayer. I wasn't at all looking forward to capping the evening with two hours of prayer time, sad as that is, but it was really good. I got to pray with Marcello and Ding in triplets prayer, and I feel like I got a lot out of it. I felt a lot better overall afterwards, and it was a good semi-close to our work. We celebrated Katie's birthday afterwards with a huge cake and that was fun for all.

I'm really not convinced we should be here though. This seems like much extravagance for a bunch of short-term missionaries living off of donated money. Sure, a short, low-key trip to just wind down would have worked I think. Is it necessary or prudent for us to take a mini-vacation like this? I'm having fun and getting to mingle a lot with our church planting brethren, but I have a sense of guilt just by being here. This just doesn't strike me as the best use of our resources...

| | << Main <<