Saturday, December 20, 2008

first snowstorm

...was a letdown of sorts. It was a good snow by previous standards but nothing to get super excited about. For lunch I walked several blocks up to an Italian place in the North End for a meatball sub (with about three meals worth of meatballs on it, haven't touched food for the rest of the day and am still not hungry--good stuff) and was actually a little disappointed with how underwhelming the storm was. There was maybe 6-8" out there, and there was some snow coming down, but overall it wasn't the kind of New England pounding I was braced for. I cancelled my car service appointment this morning when I woke up and saw snow still falling and slushy roads, but after the walk I think I might as well have ventured out on wheels too.

Maybe I'll take my camera to church tomorrow and get some pics on the way back. But, overall, not too weak but definitely not up to all the hype either.

| | << Main <<