Monday, August 25, 2008

so, so tempting

As some know, I've been playing with the idea of moving from the boring 'burbs out here into Boston to be closer to church especially and also the other cool stuff that a city offers to a (still kinda) young single dude like me. I'd really like to pull it off, actually, it's just that finding a place that's decent--not too crappy but not too high-class for the likes of me, and okay-sounding roommates--and doesn't have the prohibitive-to-me lease requirement attached has been a challenge. And I'm also finding that few places downtown include parking, which makes sense but hadn't occurred to me before.

Well, just to scare the heck out of anyone who bothers to read this, check out this gem I just found, and then realize that my first thought was that I should check it out. Not only is that place posh, but believe it or not, for Beacon Hill that's actually not bad at all for a furnished place with all bills paid, Beacon Hill being undoubtedly one of the most expensive (and nicest) city locales in the nation to live in. Yeah, that'd take a kinda HUGE bite out of the ol' paycheck every month, but methinks Boston living arrangements don't get much better than that. I mean, on top of Beacon Hill, two blocks from the Common? I can't think of anything comparable in any other downtown I'm familiar with--Georgetown in D.C. or the lake shore in Chicago maybe.

If I thought it had parking (guaranteed it doesn't) then I'd probably look into it. Part of me says that'd be irresponsible as heck, and that part's probably right, yet still, another part of me says why not live the life while I'm able to, at least for a little while. Oh well, for better or for worse, an opportunity missed...

| | << Main <<