Sunday, January 20, 2008

stupid bowl xlii

Well, one for two isn't bad. I really wish Belicheat's crew would have lost, but at least the Chargers put up a good fight -- at least until their offense got inside the red zone, that is, at which point they completely gave up and kicked four field goals, three from inside the 10. On the other side, as hard as it is to believe, I was glad to see the Giants win. Although I despise that spoiled brat Eli, the G-Men (1) beat the Cowgirls last week and (2) were in position to finally an overdue end to the most annoying storyline of the year, The Brett Farve Saga. Both made the Giants an easy team to root for today.

But...the trouble now is, it's the G-Men and Pats in the Stupid Bowl. I was thinking before of maybe trying to host some kind of Stupid Bowl party, but now I might scrap that. To say I don't like either of those teams would be understating my deep and proudly held animosity toward them both. In fact, seeing one win would bring more than enough suffering into my life to negate the otherwise-great joy I'd take in seeing the other lose. So I'm left with no team to root for, and on top of that, watching either team do well would just make life suck for a while. I'm not sure I can take it. Maybe I just shouldn't watch at all.

Can we just hope for a 0-0 final so neither team gets the Lombardi Trophy? That's about the best result we can get at this point. Yay!

| | << Main <<