Sunday, July 20, 2008

quite a heist for the 'phins

WHAT!?!? What the heck are the Deadskins thinking? Trading a second-rounder and a sixth-rounder for a 34-year-old dude who skipped an entire mini-camp worth of workouts and is gonna have to play out of position anyway? Okay, so he's put up decent numbers recently, but the guy ain't immortal and everyone knows defensive linemen take heavy abuse. My prediction is he has a respectable but role-player-ish several games until an injury forces him out mid-season.

Off the top of my head I'm not coming up with another NFL move in recent years to match that level of boneheadedness. I mean, this level of insanity and dealing of overpaid has-been's is reserved for the NBA--or so I thought. I guess the Deadskins were that unhappy with their reserve linemen. (In their defense, they did lose two of them to injury on the same day.) Or maybe that's why they're the Deadskins. And maybe that's one reason Bill Parcells is Bill Parcells. Perhaps he can work the front office as well as he did the sidelines back in the day.

| | << Main <<