Thursday, July 10, 2008

sorry, but i see more humor than tragedy here

I can't say I didn't find this pretty funny. Not to kick them while they're down, but it's times like these when you gotta wonder a little about that Catholic theology. Thankfully the whole world didn't come to a grinding halt when that kid made off with a snack. I definitely don't agree with the vagrant's pathetic cause or how he went about it, and sure it's a little uncouth to derive humor at the misfortunes of innocents, but I must admit laughing as I read that one.

Quotes...
"It is hurtful," said Father Migeul Gonzalez with the Diocese. "Imagine if they kidnapped somebody and you make a plea for that individual to please return that loved one to the family."
Dude...I'm not Catholic or anything, but comparing a loser snatching some bread, blessed or not, to the kidnapping of a family member? Isn't that overplaying this whole thing a little bit?
Gonzalez said intentionally abusing the Eucharist is classified as a mortal sin in the Catholic church, the most severe possible.
Huh? Did somebody say something about idolatry?

| | << Main <<