Sunday, July 20, 2008

completely unsurprising fact of the day

Just took the Autism Quotient Test via a link from Vox's. The result? A 33 (out of 50), which puts me in this category:
32-50 very high (Most people with Asperger Syndrome or high functioning autism score about 35)
The "average" range is 11-22, with average scores being 15 for men and 17 for women. So I'm much more anti-social than most people and probably have at least a mild case of AS. Um...duh? Didn't need a test to tell me that.

Also, I think Vox is trying to test his hypothesis that atheists generally score much higher on the autism charts and tend to be more anti-social than theists or the population at large. That should go without saying methinks. After all, the stereotype of scientists being (disproportionately) atheist and some combination of arrogant, weird, and generally unable to interact well or at least pleasantly with other people certainly comes from somewhere, and my experience throughout college tells me that stereotype tends to align with reality quite well. But from looking at the scores in the comments thread, I'd say there are a few of us theists skewing his results considerably. Sorry, Vox.

| | << Main <<