Tuesday, June 05, 2007

i am such an idiot

Was talking to a guy at work today, and for the first time since high school someone has managed to get me to think seriously about graduate school and even agree to look into it further. Something to push well into the background for at least another couple of months, but it could actually be workable. A program at Drexel (very good engineering school, btw) offers a mostly online MSEE with a focus in power engineering and some solid, shockingly-useful-in-the-real-world courses to back it up. This guy is trying to round up a crew at work to go in together and do study groups and stuff, which would make it about 3452374x more worth the trouble. And it'd be free as long as we didn't flunk out. (I already tempted fate once and slipped by; do I want to test it a second time?) So, should I mortgage the next 2+ years of my life pursuing continuing education, I could find myself 30 years old with a graduate degree, a PE license, and a few years of nuclear design experience, and no reason to not want to travel. In a world that craves more nuke plants, that just might be a sweet position to be in. Dunno if it's worth flushing more years down the tube, but the potential payoff is there in a big way methinks.

I guess that's just more proof that I am indeed getting dumber as I get older.

| | << Main <<