Saturday, July 28, 2007

simpsons movie

Went to Annapolis with a couple of friends today and watched The Simpsons. I was skeptical going in, as my only other experience with a TV-based movie was the utterly horrible South Park, but this one really delivered. I wouldn't say it was one of the best I've ever seen in a theater or anything, but it was certainly worth the price of admission.

The laughs kept coming, and the producers managed to cram together four episodes worth of comedy without letting the plot drag out or jumping too much among scattered storylines. I'd say it was standard Simpsons fare, with Homer and Bart being the focus of the comedy. I guess if I could change anything I'd have taken the focus off of Homer's stupidity a little and added some more Bart, like some school stuff (which was noticeably absent), but overall I really can't complain.

I wouldn't say it's one of my all-time favorites, so I can't put it on the A list, but I'll give it a B+. Not bad for my first trip to the theater since Borat. It lived up to my expectations.

[As an added note, we went to the 10:00 AM showing. It was cheaper (but not by a lot, still set me back $7) and there were far less people in the theater house. Perhaps most importantly, there were no noisy kids, popcorn munchers, LOLers, commentators, or other annoying punks to interfere with my movie-going experience. There's no feeling worse than that which comes over you as you watch such distracting people sit down in close proximity in a theater -- well, except for the one you get when it happens on a plane, but you get the idea. And it didn't happen today! I'm all about this attending off-peak showings thing.]

| | << Main <<