Saturday, July 14, 2007

a hint i need to take

Might need to run up the road to REI tomorrow and score a new toy...

Some seconds of the kayak I long ago chose as the model I want are on sale for 20% off, with the "defects" being "minor cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance." Heck, give me one of those. The thing will get stratched up the first time it hits shallow water or scrapes dry land anyway. (Out of curiosity, I wonder if these are kayaks that other people returned after putting them in the water once or twice.) But no kayak is ever without blemishes for very long -- the things are built to take abuse because that's what they do. So why not get one that's already broken in?

Now I'm not claiming to be a prophet or anything, but as far as I can tell, the only proper way to interpret this sudden discounting of the right kayak a week before I'm supposed to go on a kayaking trip is that God is making it plainly obvious that I'm supposed to own one. Unfortunately I've never been that good at taking hints, so I'll have to deliberate more...

| | << Main <<