Sunday, February 04, 2007

damn that rex grossman

That's about all I have to say about the Stupid Bowl right now. I hate to say I told you so, but I am proud that I'm one of the many who never drank the "Rex will turn it around and start playing well" kool-aid. That guy has sucked since the day he graduated from Florida, and a flurry of non-mediocreness against a weak schedule early this season didn't change that. The Bears desperately needed someone to just manage the offense and not try to do anything superhuman, and Grossman is not that kind of player. Such a QB could have turned the ball over less and at least kept the game interesting and gave the Bears defense the chance to be the deciding factor. Alas...I guess I'll wait another 21 years for Chicago to make it back to a Stupid Bowl. And maybe by then they'll have figured out that Florida QB's aren't championship material after they leave college.

| | << Main <<