Tuesday, January 09, 2007

god and numbers

Interesting. Very interesting.

I've never heard that take before, but I really like it. What a great point. It's one of the simplest but best apologetics for theism I've seen in a long time. Off the top of my head I'd throw in the laws of physics too. They can't actually be seen and documented outside of the mind, yet their effects are very obvious and measurable. And so we don't question their authority over all aspects of the physical world. Come to think of it, the same is true of any law of nature. And yet when it comes to God, whose creation passes the same test, his existence is often thrown out as irrational. Smells like blatant inconsistency to me.

I'd love to flesh out this argument much more, but it won't happen tonight. Hopefully sometime...

| | << Main <<