Wednesday, December 20, 2006

speaking of great stuff

Three posts in a row about good things in the world. How 'bout that? I should probably consume alcohol just prior to blogging more often. Or maybe I shouldn't, lest I too quickly run out of good things in the world to blog about.

Anyway, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is right there with Mannheim Steamroller as makers of the best Christmas tunes I've heard. I actually haven't listened to a lot of their stuff, but what I have heard is on par with MS. They work from the same basic principle of taking traditional Christmas carols and spicing them up a bit, only they do it with guitars and drums. I've often wondered before why nobody, or at least nobody I ever heard, set Christmas carols to rock music. But now I can stop wondering. And, for those of you to whom it matters, whoever does the storylines for their albums seems to have a Christian bent.

I only buy a handful of CD's a year and I've picked up two TSO ones in the past two weeks. I rarely play music at home anymore and I'm actually listening to "The Lost Christmas Eve" now. That says a lot.

| | << Main <<