Friday, February 20, 2009

another consequence of being rich

...the more obvious one being the privilege of paying for not only your own needs but those of others lazier than yourself, of course, thanks to the wealth redistribution program that is the U.S. government. And not only must one pay taxes, but nowadays our friendly government deems that mere guilt by association should carry real consequences as well. For instance, it sure sucks to be Johnny Damon and Xavier Nady these days. Seems that they'll get the opportunity to live like they're dirt poor (minus the government handouts) for a few days. I guess I should be glad I don't have so much money that I'm at risk of getting all my assets frozen because some of it is sitting in the wrong place. There's something to be said for actually knowing where your money is.

As for Damon and Nady, I'd feel sorry for them if they didn't play for the Yankees.
_____

| | << Main <<