Sunday, November 13, 2005

week 2: banshees back on track

After a rough opening week that put the Banshees in the cellar to start the season, they took note and started playing some ball. A 7-2 rout of this week's hapless opponent is all but official, and while that won't raise my record to .500 it should serve as a warning to the rest of the league that the Banshees are for real and are a force to be reckoned with. I actually had enough players on the court this week to compete and my totals probably would have handed the Banshees a victory over the majority of teams. In fact, the Banshees put up some downright freakish totals in some stats, if I do say so myself. So I'll still be on the bottom half of the standings but hopefully not for long. And it all comes down to finishing in the top six of nine teams and earning a playoff berth.

The best part of this week is, it just gets better from here. I get the dummy team next and that's a guaranteed 8-1 win with no lineup setting required. That should be enough to propel me up the standings a few spots. So the rest of you losers can either politely step aside and let the Banshees pass or get a lot of something you'll wish you never had!

| | << Main <<