Saturday, November 05, 2005

somewhere brian is smiling

Earlier today I read this article about autism perhaps being linked to the extreme male brain. Interesting stuff, and it includes reassurance that there are still academics somewhere in the world who believe that male and female brains are--gasp!--inherently different. For you senseless idiots who think otherwise, take a brief look at world history or preschool children and get back to me on what you see.

Anyway, the point here is that all this stuff I read today about behaviors and such has reminded me of something I read in a Week magazine sometime back. According to the blurb, psychopaths make better lawyers, stock traders, executives, and CEO's than the average person because they are easily able to disconnect their emotions from their decisions. Thus they rely on reason and rationale instead of letting their emotions sway them. (I wouldn't mind having this ability, but I'm not so sure I'd want to be a psychopath. But maybe I already am and so I might as well make use of my hidden strengths.) Assuming this is true, I can confidently predict that Brian will be stinking rich one day. And the good thing about that is he'll use his psycho mind to spend and ration it wisely. Being psychotic has its advantages.

| | << Main <<