Monday, September 26, 2005

where in the world

The Sword of Enlightenment will be on location in Allentown for a few days for training. So far the workshop has been interesting and refreshingly easy. And I'm actually learning some very useful stuff; that doesn't happen every day anymore. And the nice restaurants aren't so bad either, especially when I'm not paying. But the Crowne Plaza I'm staying in...holy crap. Not as nice as the Dahab Hilton (before the Muslim fanatics took notice of it) but easily the nicest hotel I've stepped foot in since then and probably even better than some of the stuff I'm about to see in Vegas. You know it's a good place when you walk in and find half your bed covered in pillows and towels folded together in intricate designs that take an IQ higher than mine to untangle. A bit extravagant and useless--a couple of pillows and a small stack of towels would have served the purpose just as well--but I'll take it.

The building we're in during the day isn't so bad either. Brand new, one of those LEED (environmentally friendly) type buildings I used to design stuff for back in the day...quite a nice place. Gonna be tough going back to the ol' nuke plant after a week here and a week out west. It's a shame I can't travel more often.

Anyway, that should suffice for an update for now. Still need to write plenty but it'll have to wait for when I have time. Or when I'm not in someplace as nice as this with enough amenities and new surroundings to draw my attention.

| | << Main <<