Sunday, August 28, 2005

perfect coaster weather

Figured I'd add a bit here about how great the weather was at Sux Flags yesterday. No, I don't mean warm and sunny, I mean a bit chilly and drizzling. That's the kind of stuff that drives casual coaster riders out of the park but doesn't shut down any rides. In other words, it shortens lines--at Sux Flags that's huge--and ensures anyone who's riding is at least somewhat of a coaster fan to be riding in such weather. Any coaster freak knows that bad weather is always preferable to bad crowds.

Case in point: we showed up at the park yesterday evening around 6 pm (yea for season passes!), didn't meander back to S:ROS for another hour or so, and still rode at least 15 times. We even got a few rounds of firedrilling in. Let me repeat that for emphasis: we got next-train rerides on a hypercoaster. Is that happening in "pleasant" weather? Heck no. That's why you need the conditions to help you out. And help us they did.

I ought to add here that for perhaps the first time ever at a Sux Flags park I was impressed with the way the rides were operated. The teacups were spinning something furious, most of the coasters were running all trains, and the ride ops even showed some enthusiasm every now and then. Yes, all of these really did occur at Sux Flags--promise. (Okay, Chaos was down for the count, but the golden S:ROS setup kept us from caring much.) And they're getting new upper management soon I hope. Maybe, just maybe, I'll have to start calling them Six Flags again.

| | << Main <<