Sunday, July 31, 2005

here's a change of pace

Some good news from the one and only eternal pessimist. My wisdom teeth ordeal has gone amazingly well so far. With the exception of the profuse bleeding the first few hours and that mega pain I ranted about, my experience has been very soft compared to what people have told me. I've had almost no swelling at all and my mouth hasn't been sore yet beyond a little nuisance pain every now and then (unless, of course, I have to clamp down on some gauze directly on the sores for almost an hour straight). I am pretty much back to eating normally, albeit slower. People at a get-together tonight were telling me how bad they felt for so many days and how many weeks it was before they were back on a normal diet, and how unfair it was to watch me chow down on chips and celery and basically eat whatever I wanted. It's very hard for me or anyone else to notice anything happened less than two days ago.

Of all the people I've ever known to get wisdom teeth removed I've had by far the easiest time of it. Guess I finally caught a break in my favor. Hopefully it's the start of more good stuff to come. Oh wait, it's me I'm talking about...I'm not holding my breath.

| | << Main <<