Sunday, February 13, 2005

here goes...

After getting pounded for a few weeks straight the Gnostics were glad to see a bye week come up (in the form of a team that's been unmanaged for months). Even with a dismal performance for the week I'll come out well ahead. That is, unless my trick to steal an extra point or two backfires. The stats are close enough that, with a full team on the floor this evening, Copeland could erase some gaps. But to hell with common sense, I'm going to bench about half my players and keep the good free throw shooters out there, and see if I can't make up a full three percentage points in one day. And the Gnostics have a (very) outside shot at taking turnovers too, which would complete my first 9-0 sweep of the year. Stupid? Of course, but I'm curious as to how close the result actually is. I can afford to drop a couple points since I'm basically a lock for fifth place anyway. All that's left to do now is just keep those Pelagians from nipping at my heels and wait to see who fills the four spot, and then stack my team to send the poor soul packing in the first round.

UPDATE: It worked! Well, not so much my lineup-stacking as Copeland's astonishing five-point drop on a Sunday--gotta be some sort of record. But my percentage increased due to the right guys starting, so I'll claim the credit. Any NBA teams out there looking for an up-and-coming basketball genius such as myself should send their offers by email.

| | << Main <<