Wednesday, March 26, 2008

directory of gimmicks

I would say it's one of the funnier sites I've seen, but some things are too pathetic to be funny to me anymore. But, if you want a good laugh and/or you want to feel sick to your stomach, check out this treasure trove of Christian gimmicks. That's basically a warehouse of knock-offs. Well-intentioned, perhaps, but cheesy knock-offs nonetheless. Okay, I suppose those could be useful if, well, you know, nobody would be able to tell you're a Christian unless you make it obvious by what you wear or eat or bathe in or smell like or whatever. Because, I mean, when it comes down to it, that's really the essence of Christianity, right? As long as what's visible on the outside is all good...you get the gist. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the awesome depth and glory of the 21st century American church!

So sad...but what's worse is, I found the link on my church's website! Dunno, folks. Not that I'm perfect and all, but where does one draw the line? For now I'll just go cry for a while...

| | << Main <<